Wednesday 15 April 2015

Jeera Rice

I am not a big fan of Jeera rice because I think its too bland for my taste buds.
But last weekend when I was out of veggies I decided to quickly make this.
Its a very simple and one pot meal.I used basmathi rice but you can either use 
sona masoori rice or jeeraga samba rice. We had it along with coriander chutney and masala peanuts.

Here is the recipe


Ingredients

Basmathi

Jeera/Cumin 2 Tbsp

Bay leaf/Brinji
ellai 2
Water 3 Cup
Ghee 3-4 Tbsp
Salt as required
Onion 1 medium sized(optional)
Green chillies 5-6(optional)






Preparation
Wash and soak Basmathi rice for 30-45 min
Slit green chillies in to half and finely chop onion

Method
1.Heat Ghee in a pressure cooker and add bay leaf, jeera and green chili, 
   saute till green chillies shrink
2.Now add onions and fry for 4-5 minutes over medium flame.
3.Pour 3 cup of water and once it starts to boil add salt and close.
4.Leave for 1 whistle in medium flame and open once the pressure releases on its own.
5.Transfer the rice to another container and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment